Kites Children’s Services provides outstanding residential care facilities for boys aged 11-18 whose sexual development difficulties may lead to sexually harmful behaviour.
Our care is residential for sexually harmful behaviour and we currently have two residential homes situated in urban areas in Westcliff on Sea, Essex.
Our homes provide a positive and co-operative environment for boys who are not ready to benefit from a foster placement – usually because they have been responsible for several instances of sexually harmful behaviour and they need high levels of intervention.
Helping young people become caring young adults
We aim to help our young people develop into caring young adults with the attitudes, skills and outlook to make a positive and continued contribution to
society. We do this by:
- Treating each young person as an individual – and viewing their behaviour in the context of their life experience.
- Creating a non-condemning environment – in which openness and honesty are valued.
- Introducing young people to activities, hobbies and social situations – while respecting the personal space and surroundings of others.
- Maintaining clear boundaries, communication and expectations – providing the stability young people need to develop trust
- Involving young people in plans, ideas and decision-making that affect their daily lives – allowing them to develop independence and leadership.
Most importantly, our residential for sexually harmful behaviour in children and young adults is not an end in itself – it is part of our broader approach to care, designed to help young people who sexually harm develop into valued young adults.
Thanks to a positive residential environment combined with effective therapy, many of the young people in our home subsequently become suitable candidates for foster care before reaching adulthood.
To receive a copy of our statement of purpose or to enquire about vacancies please email email@example.com