We are a small independent school based in Leigh, specialising in boys who have experienced childhood trauma and may display behaviours that reflect that trauma.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding and dynamic Teaching Assistant who is passionate about high quality teaching and learning with high expectations of behaviour. The position is open to experienced Teaching Assistants, who have had previous experience with behaviour that challenges. Most of our young people hold an educational health care plan (EHCP).
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
· is enthusiastic, hardworking, and professional
· is able to communicate effectively
· is creative and forward thinking
· has the ability to work on own initiative
As we don’t conform to a ‘mainstream’ educational way of working, visits are strongly encouraged prior to application.
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head and Class teachers.
- Assist in the implementation of Personal Education Plans for students and help monitor their progress.
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Work with other professionals, such as therapists, speech therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary.
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records.
- Support students with emotional or behavioural issues and help develop their social skills.
- Prepare and present displays of students’ work.
- Support class teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support teaching.
- Undertake other duties from time to time, as the Head Teacher requires.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
- Support the aims and ethos of the school (expect detail).
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Head Teacher (expect examples).
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
Expect a list of other duties that the Head Teacher may from time to time ask you to perform.
If you are interested, please email a current CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Salary: £10.42 per hour
Hours: 27.5 hours per week, term time only
Closing Date: 30th October 2023
We are commitment to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people and are committed to working towards equal opportunities. All applications are subject to thorough references being undertaken and an Enhanced DBS.